DIY Easter Banner/Silhouette Cameo




Here is the step by step tutorial for this super cute and inexpensive Easter Banner using the Silhouette Cameo! 

First, I started with some paper I had around the house.
This can be found at Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby or any craft store.


I found the pennant and bunny that I wanted online and traced them in Silhouette Studio to the size I wanted.
Mine banners are about 7.5" tall. The bunnies are 8.5" tall.

I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the pennants and bunnies on the cut mat using random colored sheets of paper


After they were cut and weeded, they looked like this.

I used Mod Podge to make the paper a little more durable.

I placed by pennants and bunnies on freezer paper and applied the Mod Podge careful to not let any of them stick together or completely dry to the freezer paper. 
Which, some did....

In Silhouette Studio, I designed and cut out the words I wanted on my pennants on Orcale 651 vinyl.
My letters are about 6.6" tall.
I designed them so they would all fit on one sheet of vinyl.

Apply transfer paper and separated all the letters

After my banners were completely dry, I removed each letter from the transfer paper and applied directly to the banners.
I tried applying the transfer tape directly to the banner but some of my banner paper came off when I removed the transfer paper, as the banners are not completely tear proof(see the one with the H).

Next, I cut out some strips of fabric I had lying around for tassels.

I used this jute string to attach my banner to my mantle with push pins. Once I got the length I wanted I tied a knot the end and hung on the push pin.


I used a hole punch to make the holes at the top of the pennants and bunnies.

String your pennants and bunnies on!
Add your tassels, glue cotton balls on for your bunnies tails...and you are done! 

I made 2 separate banners each for the pennants and the bunnies. But from here, you can hang any way you would like! 
Overall, this was a fun and inexpensive way to decorate for Easter or Spring!!






xoxo,














No comments:

Post a Comment